In the past few years, digital marketing has emerged as one of the most influential career options. Almost all Enterprises in today’s world are taking to digital marketing to showcase their products and services for driving in more traffic and thereby more business. Those good in digital marketing skills are considered to be the most powerful employees in the Organization driving in most of the profits. Needless to say, this raises an eyebrow on the fact as to what these digital marketing professionals do which makes them indispensable for the Company.
A digital marketing person is supposed to think, design, and develop a digital marketing campaign. In this regard, they have to implement, drive, maintain, and amend it from time to time as the changing market scenario demands. This is done as per the company policies of reaching out to customers both on paid and free channels to drive in more revenue for the Organization through increased:-
- Brand awareness
- Brand building
- Lead generation
- Brand engagement
- Customer retention
- Building an edge over competitors.
- Customer satisfaction and delight.
The campaigns need to be rightly positioned which can influence customers. Digital marketing demands a person to be extremely innovative and catch the pulse of the market so that the customers come back for buying more products or services leading to repetitive revenue generation.
Prerequisites of a professional in digital marketing
Though a digital marketing professional needs to be innovative and creative, yet there are certain skills that, if nurtured, help them to take the campaigns in the right direction. The skills can be in plenty but the topmost ones are as follows:-
- Data Analysis skills- data gathered through various sources of online footprints, customer feedback, reach, etc which help to have an in-depth understanding of customer behavior and needs.
- Mobile marketing skills- the most pocket-friendly device available to all prospective customers which if driven with mobile-friendly content can generate a lot of audiences.
- SEO and SEM skills- These are the major two strategy drivers that can bring in more traffic to your site.
- Paid media advertising skills- Need to have a deep understanding of customer behavior so that one can demand the optimum return on investment on this e.g. boosting content on Facebook.
- Email marketing skills- though considered traditional, yet this can be considered as a very powerful tool in bringing out customer engagement and retention.
- CRM skills- Customer relationship management is one of those skills which helps the customer to relate with a product or service on a personal level. This strategy if used effectively can lead to customer loyalty through customer delight.
- Social media marketing and lead generation- nowadays everyone is present in social media platforms. Effective usage and thorough knowledge can generate a lot of leads from this medium and can also bring in customer engagement.
Apart from these, there are innumerable other skills that are taught and trained through practical sessions in NSIM or National School of Internet Marketing, one of the best digital marketing Institutes located in South Delhi. They have a comprehensive understanding of what is expected out of a digital marketer and thus train students to be future market leaders.